Currently scheduled erosion and sediment training courses:
See below for course decriptions and more information.
Note: "R" denotes a Recertification Course
Certification Course Descriptions:
- Level IA Fundamentals (Blue Certification Card). This 1-day class is required for developers, builders, and other persons involved in Land Disturbance activities. This class lasts about 8 hours and includes a 1 hour open book test. The cost of
the class is $150 and includes a Training Manual.
- Level IB Advanced Fundamentals (Red Card). This 2-day $250 course is required for regulatory enforcement inspectors, and includes a manual and open book test. Prerequisites are 60 days of work experience in the field of erosion and sediment control, or IA (Blue Card) Certification.
- Level II Introduction to Design (Tan & Gray Cards). This 2-day $350 course is required for design professionals and plan reviewers, and includes a manual and open book test. Plan reviewers must have at least 6 months experience in the field of erosion/sediment control, or a Level IB Certification. Design professionals must be registered in Georgia as one of these: Architect, Engineer, Forrester, Geologist, Landscape Architect, Land Surveyor, or CPESC (Certified Professional in Erosion Control).
- Subcontractor Awareness: (White Card). This 2-hour Subcontractor Awareness seminar is required for individuals involved in land disturbing activities, and working in a subcontractor capacity. (The Subcontractor
Awareness training/certification is unnecessary for those who hold IA Certification.) The cost of the class is $75 and includes a Training Manual.
Recertification Course Descriptions:
- **NEW COURSE**Low Impact Development, New BMPS, Design, & Inspections Level IA/IB & II Recertification: (Blue, Red & Tan/Gray Cards). This 4-hour class provides information on low impact development (LID), cost-effective BMPs, design considerations, & inspection, along with recertification/renewal for those with Level IA, IB, & II Certifications (expire after 3 years without a 4-hour Renewal Course). The cost of the class is $90 and includes a Training Manual or Field Manual (no exam is required for this course).
- Level RIA Recertification: (Blue Card). This 4-hour class provides recertification/renewal for those with Level IA Certifications. Level IA Certifications expire after 3 years without a 4-hour Renewal Class. The cost of the class is $90 and includes a Training Manual.
- Level RIB Recertification: (Red Card). This 4-hour class provides recertification/renewal for those with Level IB Certifications. Level IB Certifications expire after 3 years without a 4-hour Renewal Class. The cost of the class is $90 and includes a Training Manual.
- Level RII Recertification: (Tan & Gray Cards). This 4-hour class provides ecertification/renewal for those with Level II Certifications. Level II Certifications expire after 3 years without a 4-hour Renewal Class. The cost of the class is $90 and includes a Training Manual.
You can register online at: Online Registration or by submitting this registration form by mail (see below) or fax (770-975-9219). You can also call (770) 975-9219 to register and check availability. We provide group and multiple-student discounts, and will also conduct training at your
location for courses with multiple students. For security reasons, we do not recommend emailing credit card information.
All required Legal Residence Forms and other Registration Forms are completed during the Course, and are sent to required State Agencies by us. Students please bring a government issued photo ID to class, along with shoes/clothing suitable for a potential field excursion at
the end of the class. Due to purchase of materials (including Manuals) for the class, cancellations within two weeks of the class may
not be eligible for refunds; but substitutions are welcome. The non-attendance fee may be applied to attendance at one of our later
classes, depending on availability. Click here for resources and links with more information.
"Thanks for a great class. I can see how you would have the best test scores, great method teaching." -Justin L.
"Thank you for the information, it was a pleasure being in your class. Great Job." -Alex E.
"Thanks for making some dry materials as entertaining as possible." -Mark H.
"Great job with the class...got my card yesterday. Quick turnaround...just as you said, less than 2 weeks. And everyone in the class passed!" -Jim S.
"Thanks for the training yesterday, it was a great class, and you presented a lot of information in a way that I think everybody retained it." -David B.